Continuing with our series of featured freelancers, today we are proud to announce another amazing freelancer Deepika Reddy. She started her freelance career as a Virtual assistant in her college days. With expertise in multiple academic fields and IT practices, Deepika achieved clients’ trust and confidence with her work.
1. When did you start freelancing and what inspired you?
I started freelancing in college for a side income. My first gig was from Truelancer and the experience was surreal. I always had the mindset of being independent and that is the main reason for me exploring the freelancer journey. What inspires me to keep going is the fulfillment/satisfaction of completing a project successfully and helping others grow.
2. How long have you been a freelancer?
I started it in 3rd year of college – 2016, and worked on many projects and improved my profile in Truelancer. Then took a gap of 4 years for the project and work. Now I’m working as a full-time freelancer and have 2 years of experience in this field.
3. What do you like the most about your skills in Virtual Assistance?
In virtual assistance, there are many other skills that are required. Eg:- Calendar management, email management, Social media handling, customer support, invoices handling, PPT, Excel and many others. So being a virtual assistant, I get to work on many other skills and this is the best part about it. Rather than being monotonous, I get to explore all the areas and improve my skills and expertise.
4. Why did you choose virtual assistance as a career?
I am someone who loves to explore different fields and learn in deep about everything. I prefer learning many skills over just one, and Virtual assistance allows me to do exactly what I like and prefer. Also, being a VA, I get to work from my own comfort place and time.
5. What are the most important skills required as an expert virtual assistant freelancer?
Apart from having Technical and Non-technical skills, Virtual Assistants must primarily possess – communication skills, time management, project management, understanding the clients’ requirements in detail, the ability to multitask, organizational skills and a great learning attitude.
6. What are the challenges you have come across in your freelancing career?
As we see there are many platforms for freelancers and there are many fake projects and clients. I did fall prey to such a few times, as I had no knowledge of having an agreement or partial pre-payment, and low pay rates. So, there were instances where I didn’t get paid for the work done.
7. What according to you does it take to be a successful virtual assistant freelancer?
To be a successful virtual assistant, A person must have these qualities:
· Always being updated with various skills plays a major role in this field.
· Be proactive and resourceful.
· Needs to work under pressure.
· Follow up with clients about work satisfaction and any improvements from your end.
· Be an excellent communicator.
8. What suggestions do you want to give to budding virtual assistant freelancers?
My suggestions to growing virtual assistants are:
· First, understand the client’s requirements clearly
· Take up a project only if you are confident that you can provide 100% results to the client.
· Always be available for the client and provide timely responses (as this is an online job, it is very important to respond timely).
· Make sure to complete the task with perfection within the deadline (this gives the client assurance and confidence to continue long-term with you).
· Even if you have to ask 1000 times to get a clarity on task, never restrain yourself from doing so. (Most of the clients are always happy to make you understand as it is important to finish a task perfectly)
9. How did you get to know about freelancing and what is your experience using Truelancer?
I heard about freelancing from a friend of mine in college for the very first time. I was very excited to explore and learn about the Truelancer platform. I did try many other platforms but I found Truelancer to be the best in them. This platform is very easy to understand with no additional unrequired steps and relationship managers are the best part of this.
They helped me greatly in acquiring good long-term projects with top clients. I’m always thankful to Truelancer and all the relationship managers who helped me in this journey and made this rough path easier for me.
If you are looking for freelance virtual assistant, Hire Deepika Reddy for your next project.