Continuing with our series of featured Freelancers, today we are proudly presenting you our Top Android Developer Bhaumik Patel who just bring the remote development to a whole new level.
Tell us about yourself.
My name is Bhaumik Patel and I hail from Gujarat. Development is not just my Job it’s my passion which also provides me with the Identity of who I am.
I am having a rich experience of 5 years in Android, iOS and web development.
I am a strong believer in Karma and follow only 1 rule in life-
Why and when did you start freelancing?
I started freelancing since I was in college, It helps me to earn some extra cash and reduce my family burden.
For almost last 2 years, I quit my job and started full time freelancing because I love being working alone.
What do you like about being a freelancer?
Man! The list is really long –
- You’re your own boss.
- Flexible working hours.
- Writing a code at 3:00 AM on my terrace with my laptop and a cup of coffee (My personal Favourite)
- You don’t have to wake up early (especially for me!!)
- I can have a long break anytime without explaining the reason for the HR
- Help me to build a strong network and share our knowledge and thought with them
- Finally, I don’t have to work on my special days, festivals or I even don’t work on weekends.
What are the challenges you have found in your freelancing career?
Finding my first Job was really a tough Job for me, I was in my 5th semester and it took around 2 months for getting my first proposal awarded because there was no previous work, no portfolio not even a graduate Degree.
But after getting my first Job done with a 5-star rating, freelancing became an easy Job for me.
Convincing my first client for really a tough Job as I don’t have much to say except my assurance and promising.
Definitely, it was an underpaid Job but it was worth doing because it was the first milestone to be crossed to kickstart my freelance career.
What I learn from freelancing is that- Patience and persistence is the Key to everything.
What according to you does it take to be a successful freelancer?
According to me to become a successful freelancer you must have following characteristics.
- At Least 1 skill and the ability to complete the project whole by your own
- Patience and Persistence
- Excellent communication and sales skills.
- Ability to write a sales Proposal ( matters the most )
- Good at networking
- An open mind to learn anything new.
- Punctuality ( Because deadlines need to be followed like religion)
- Adaptability – To quickly understand changing requirements
Mythbuster: Being a freelancer is not an easy job!
How did you get to know about Truelancer?
I usually work with eLance and Freelancer but their service charge was way too high. One of my previous employer offer me a full-time remote Job on a contract base, As Truelancer provide a really good platform for Long run projects with all NDA and contracts and all those stuff He asked me to move on to Truelancer.
What do you think about working on Truelancer?
Working on Truelancer has been a great experience. I am getting regular work in here and with the Truelancer Prime, I am always having 1 or 2 big projects in my Pipeline.
What do you like doing when you are not “Freelancing”?
Oh! That’s why I am a full time freelancer.
Freelancing gives me the wings to follow my own path. In my free time I like to travel different places, hangout my college friends, Go on a road trip and the list goes on and on.
Okay! So Bhaumik really seems like a fun guy with his goals set for the future. Next week we will meet the last featured freelancer from January. Stay tuned!