Continuing with a series of featured freelancers, today we are proud to announce our one more amazing freelancer Akash Giri. He is a passionate Mobile and Web Developer creating software solutions for clients across the globe.
As a freelancer, Akash provides high-quality work in multiple categories like Android and IOS application development, Backend and API Development and Website development on Truelancer. He has made over $6,000 with 100% work satisfaction from clients. Let’s look at how Akash used his knowledge and experience to achieve best projects and clients on the platform.
1. When did you start freelancing and what inspired you?
I started freelancing 7 years back. And in the initial days, it was a bit difficult and interesting both at the same time. But I wanted to explore opportunities in freelancing and it really worked. From the very start, I wanted to learn new technologies and at the same time make some extra money. At that time after some research, I jumped into freelancing.
2. How long have you been a freelancer?
For the past 7 years, I have been working as a development freelancer. The important thing I learned during this long freelancing period is to keep track of my work and communicate my progress of the work to clients in a timely manner. This helps in clearing the details of my work and the results I have achieved.
3. What do you think are the most important skills for mobile and web development?
According to me, the important skill a mobile and web developer should possess is understanding the client’s requirements and choosing the best suitable framework for the projects. This makes the development process easy and the developed product robust and scalable.
4. Why did you choose backend development as a career?
The very first reason for me while choosing the backend development is it not only teaches me server-side programming but also makes me in learning how to optimize the product’s performance.
5. What are the most important skills required for a web and mobile development freelancer?
For web and mobile development, you should have good knowledge of RESTful API, and other various API request and response types, in order to integrate your frontend with the backend. You should have good design skills because sometimes you don’t get any design from clients and still they need an eye-catching and user-friendly interface and design.
6. What are the challenges you have come across in your freelancing career?
Initially, there were not many challenges I faced during my freelance career. Although in starting days it was difficult to maintain client dropping rate from the project in between and not paying at the end of the project completion.
7. What skills and qualities do you think are necessary to be a successful web and mobile development freelancer?
The quality a successful developer should have is a good knowledge of languages and frameworks used for the creation of eye-catching mobile apps and websites. The skills that are mandatory for mobile and web developers are cross-platform development and back-end computing which involves security, database management and memory allocation implementation.
8. What suggestions do you want to give to budding freelancers in mobile and web development?
I have two suggestions for budding mobile and web developers:
- Never miss any deadline, take a suitable amount of day extra when committing to project timelines.
- Gain the client’s trust first, even if you have to do the project on a low budget. Once they are impressed with the performance, they will surely come back and you can charge your normal fee.
9. How did you discover freelancing and what has been your experience using Truelancer?
I discovered Freelancing in my college days, seeing how my friends sharpened their skills. After working on other freelancing platforms, I found Truelancer while surfing the internet. Project managers are very helpful, not only when the project is ongoing, but also help you in providing new projects.
If you’re looking for a Mobile and Web development freelancer, Hire Akash Giri for your next project.