Continuing with our series of featured Freelancers, today we proudly present to you Pratyush Nema, one of our popular freelancers. His full-stack developing skills have made him a top freelancer. He has six years of freelancing experience. His up-to-date knowledge of market trends and technology has landed him the best project at Truelancer. Now, let’s take a look at his freelance career and see how he used his skills to land the best projects.
- When did you start freelancing, and what inspired you?
I am in freelanced when I was in my higher secondary education. Its been 6.5 years now, providing freelancing to my clients. I choose to freelance because it gives me the freedom to pick the most intriguing and profitable projects and work not more than 7 hours per day or sometimes 4. My motto with freelancing is always to get a chance to work with creative ideas with smart clients. My curiosity is to learn different ways of performing the same logic, and client success is the source of inspiration.
2. What do you like the most about Freelancing, especially the skills you are providing?
The best thing I found about Freelancing is 360 degrees learning from the sales to the delivery. Also, I can work with projects and clients of my choice. And if I talk about the skills then, I like to help companies to transform from paper pens to paperless businesses.
3. What are the most important skills required as a freelance Full-stack developer?
I think the most crucial thing is to understand the need of the customer. I firmly believe you will not succeed if you lack this mastery. But, at the same time, understanding the client’s business and level of thinking plays a key role here, too! Lastly, you need to be good at your developer skills, so be clear with all your basics.
4. What challenges have you come across in your freelancing career?
I have faced many challenges in my freelancing career, but one of the frequent challenges I faced was a lack of communication gap and sometimes a misconception of customer expectations. However, I figure out those situations and understand the client’s expectations for completing any project. It is too far for you to succeed in that project if you cannot run that well.
The best solution I found was essential documentation and project sprinting to solve these problems. So, after completing every milestone, I communicate with clients, and with their approval, I move further!
5. What, according to you, does it take to be a successful Full-Stack developer freelancer?
I believe that Full Stack Developer should be best in one of the programming languages and have knowledge about relevant web technologies. The key to a successful Full-Stack developer freelancer is the accountability of commitment and transparency of work. Lastly, the most important part is to keep yourself up to date about the market trend and shifts in technology. Also, be very comfortable learning or working on the front-end and back-end technologies.
6.What suggestions do you want to give to the budding freelancers?
I have three suggestions for budding freelancers.
- Don’t overcommit and undercharge. It is essential that you value your talent and charge as per your skills.
- Miscommunication can lead to disaster. I strongly advise new freelancers never to start until they know what the client precisely wants.
- Time management & communication management is important. If you cannot meet the deadline, the client wouldn’t be satisfied, and you will not get more projects.
7. How did you get to know about freelancing, and what is your experience using Turelancer?
I got to know about Truelancer from one of my friends. Previously, I had heard a lot about it, but after discussing it with my friend, I thought to open my account at Truelancer. I will be honest that it was a pleasing experience working with the platform. This platform is perfect, and I got so many projects with good clients and projects. Also, I have hired resources for a few of my projects with an excellent budget.