Ayushi Jain- A professional chartered accountant chooses to freelance
Continuing with our series of featured Freelancers, today we proudly present to you – Ayushi Jain, a young millennial chartered accountant who shifted from traditional employment to freelancing. She is one of our popular freelancers who got active in freelancing last year. Her dedication and active participation on Truelancer have made her our top performer of the month. Her skills and excellent communication have impressed many of her clients. She is a certified Xero advisor with over four years of experience, providing services to multiple clients globally. So let’s dive into her freelance life and learn about her freelance journey.
1. When did you start freelancing and what inspired you?
I started freelancing in 2021. I got to know about Truelancer through YouTube and did the registration on it in 2019 but I took my first project on Truelancer in 2021 after taking its Pro membership program. After doing my first project, I gained confidence in dealing with international clients. Since then, there is no way to go back. As of now, I have done 30 Projects. I wanted a work-life balance rather than a 9 to 5 hectic job. That’s the reason I came to freelancing. Now, it’s been 1 year in my freelancing career; Now I am actively working as a full-time freelancer.
2. What do you like the most about Freelancing, especially the skills you are providing?
The major thing I like about freelancing is flexibility in working hours. You can manage other things as well. I have a specialization in accounting skills. The best thing about consultancy services is that I can work anywhere and anytime. I can choose the projects I want to work on as well as the clients. The most important thing is my laptop. Managing accounts is a necessity for every business. That’s the reason I got good projects on Truelancer. After doing various projects on Truelancer, I learned how to do an accounting of Various Industries i.e Real-Estate, Service Industry, and Transport business.
3. What are the most important skills required in freelance accounting, auditing, and taxation?
The most important skill is to understand the client’s requirements and their business model so that you can apply your accounting skills to their business needs. Have the ability to prepare financial statements, Knowledge of general business practices, ability to analyze client data, written and verbal communication skills, time management skills, and accounting organizational skills.
4. What challenges have you come across in your freelancing career?
I have faced various issues in my freelancing career:
- Firstly, the time completion: Sometimes, the timely completion of the project has some complexity, but the client wants to get it done in a very shorter period.
- Second is misunderstanding in the scope of work.
5. What according to you does it take to be a successful accounting freelancer?
According to me, being a successful accounting freelancer, you should be well equipped with the fundamentals of accounting and good working knowledge of cloud accounting tools like Zoho, QuickBooks, and Xero. Because Knowledge of QuickBooks & Xero is necessary for getting international clients.
6. What suggestions do you want to give to the budding freelancers?
I have three tips for budding freelancers, that is:
- Focus on your area of specialization;
- Stick to your ideal rate and do not bid for the work that is radically below your ideal rate.
- Communication is most important – Sending daily work updates to clients.
7. How did you get to know about freelancing and what is your experience using Truelancer?
I got to know about Truelancer through YouTube. My experience is very good with Truelancer, I got so many good accounting projects with the help of the Truelancer team, and hoping for more projects in the future. Truelancer is a good platform for Freelancing, the payment system is very safe and relationship managers are very friendly and supportive.