Article Writing seems easy at the beginning but can get complex when you start diversifying your niche. In today’s world where content marketing is an increasingly required skill across all businesses, the quality of content in the form of articles and posts is of utmost importance.
To write an article which generates engagement it is always beneficial to follow certain steps. Content creation is the base over which all content strategies can be executed and implemented.
So here are 5 easy steps to Article Writing
Decide the Title
Your title is like representative of the entire article. In article writing, the title is the first thing which is seen by the reader and thus plays an importance in triggering the action to read. Therefore, serious thought should be given on developing a catchy and engaging title. Certain attributes must be kept in mind like:
- It should not be too lengthy
- It should give a clear idea about the following content
- It should be engaging
- It should be specific
- It must not be vague
- It must not be misleading
A good title immediately captures the readers’ attention and evokes emotions which lead to the desired action of reading.
Form a Skeleton
Forming a framework is very beneficial in article writing. It is not very difficult to understand and quite easy to implement. The following graphic is just how your skeleton can take shape. Just take a piece of paper and divide it into three parts:
- Introduction: This is the part of the article which establishes a connection between the reader and the main content. It should be brief and inform the reader about the content. Again, it should be engaging enough for the reader to move on to the next part.
- Body: This is main part of the content. Divide this into various point heads which you are going to write about. When you do this, it gives you a more exact idea of what you are going to write. This saves time and effort when you are developing the content. When forming the skeleton, you can just jot down the points you which to focus on and label them with tags which you can later expand upon.
- Conclusion: It is a common mistake among writers to stray off topic when writing conclusions. This must be avoided as it disrupts the mind of the reader at the last moment. It should be engaging enough with polite requests of feedback so that the reader feels involved.
Draft the content
After forming the skeleton, you will have a definite idea about what you are writing. The major part of the whole article writing process is now over and what follows is quite simple. Just expand upon the points in the skeleton and in no time your entire content will be up and ready.
This is another important step in article writing. Make it a golden rule to not submit an article in its first draft. Always be sure to read it again thoroughly and edit it. This way you can see the minute errors and fix them along with reducing or increasing your word count to the optimum level. Thus always remember to edit your article and polish any rough edges.
Give it a final Read
Your article is ready to submit now. Before doing so, just give it a final read to make sure that it is as per the requirements!
The demand for writers is at an all-time high and the talent pool is enormous. Keeping a few simple tricks in mind will help you find more time to work more. It is always good to be more productive and efficient with your work.
Did you find these tips helpful, be sure to comment
Looking for writing jobs, CLICK HERE
A passionate Blogger and Digital Marketer