The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development report says that there is a decrease from 3.6 % to 2.6 % in global economic growth due to the Ukraine-Russia war crisis and pandemics. The crisis is impacting the changes in macroeconomic policies that have put all nations at risk in 2022.
Some signs indicate recession all over the world could be on the way. As Russia is anticipated to enter a severe recession this year, also we can see economic slowdowns expected all across Western Europe, Central, South, and South-East Asia.
Many industries will effect due to this crisis. Many countries have struggled to recover economic growth after the Covid-19 recession ended, and now the war is creating a powerful impact on the downgrade in the economy.
So the question is how you can protect your business from recession. When the economy is burning, employment possibilities are next to impossible. Enterprises and businesses can not hire full-time employees very fast. Hiring in a recession can be shaky, so hiring freelancers can be a strategic approach in an economic slowdown as it saves a lot of costs. The same goes for employees who want to freelance alongside a full-time job to gain extra money.
Here are the three benefits to hire or go remotely that will help businesses and employees in the time of recessions:
1. Affordable Resources:
- Business: Hire remote workers in times of recession because freelancers are usually more appealing to employers during the recession to get work done at an affordable price. An entrepreneur or freelance consultant does not require heavy benefits or training, just like a full-time employee. They are willing to work more flexibly by providing quality work. While hiring remote workers for your firm, you save a lot of money by not investing in office equipment.
- Employee: In a recession, freelancing is more stable than full-time employment. If you have in-demand skills to provide your services, then freelancing would be a great choice. If you lose a job during a recession, it can be tough to find another one; but if you lose a client or some freelancing work from a customer, you have other clients and another freelance project to work on. It is far easier to obtain a new client or extra work from a current client than to get a new job. As a result, freelancing is more stable than working.
- Business: The advantage of hiring remote workers is that you will have access to the best talent pool on the planet. You can hire remote workers from all over the world for an affordable price. They are usually specialists who provide the most efficient service because they do not require extensive training and produce the highest quality job.
- Employee: Many companies look for remote workers in recession because they lay off permanent employees to save money. You can work remotely in a time of recession. Working remotely will get an opportunity to work with different clients from all across the world, where you can learn about their culture and ethnicity. When you work with diverse clients, it gives you more experience.
3. Agility Of Skills:
- Business: You can work with freelancers or contractors because the advantage of working with them is more than a permanent employee in a time of recession. They can meet immediate, one-time needs. For example, if you need to build or redesign a website, you can outsource the freelancers for your one-time projects, where you don’t need a full-time employee to do the job.
- Employee: When you spend a year working on many projects with clients worldwide each month, you gather strong resume experience. With each new project, you not only automatically build a successful portfolio, but you also develop a skill that cannot be learned in any other way.
During a recession, the country experiences crisis, and business owners face uncertainty about current conditions. Temporary staffing and hiring freelance workers, lowering costs, making the firm more adaptable, and working remotely will restore some stability to your organization. As a result, it aids in your survival during the recession. The recession can be scary, and the future is unpredictable. As a result, be prepared and make careful decisions.