Ar. Palvi – A Freelance Architect And Interior Designer
Continuing with our series of featured freelancers, today we proudly announce Ar. Palvi – One of the best freelancers. Her passion for work and successful completion of projects have made her the best performing freelancer working on Truelancer. Palvi is a passionate architect and interior designer working with clients globally and throughout India.
Palvi’s interest and deep knowledge in architecture bring her the best 50+ projects at Truelancer. And made her freelancing career a success. Let’s look at how she used her architectural skills and ability to land the best projects.
1. When did you start freelancing and what inspired you?
Well, The pandemic has accelerated growth in Freelancing careers. I started Freelancing in Nov 2020 (the last semester of my Bachelor’s degree). One day, I was searching on YouTube about Making Money Online platforms and by the Grace of God, I got to know about Truelancer. I register for it in September 2020.
I remember, One of the Truelancer Project managers contacted me about their Pro Membership in November 2020. I think it was my best decision to take Pro Membership. I have learned many skills since then. As of now, I have done 54 projects. It’s been 1.5 years, I am providing my Freelance Designing services; Now, I am actively working as a Full-time Freelancer.
My deep love for design and architecture personified everything else I’ve ever done in my life and inspired me to become a freelance Architect and Interior Designer. Designing has become not only a job for me but also a way of life that I am proud of.
Also, I am truly grateful to God for introducing me to the beauty of enjoying freedom while I work. Freelancing gives me complete freedom to become my own Boss, where one can work at their own pace. I get to choose with whom I will be working and gain confidence in dealing with International clients.
2. How long have you been a Freelancer?
For the past 18th months, I’ve been working as a freelancer. In this journey, Truelancer has always been there for me. I am grateful to them for that. Client-based communication has allowed me to meet deadlines and receive payment for the work I’ve completed in a timely fashion.
3. What do you like the most about your skills in Architectural Designing?
I like everything about what I do! But the most important skill is to understand the client’s requirements so that you can apply your skills perfectly. “Excellent verbal communication is key for architects. This has undoubtedly been the most useful skill in our career”. God is the creator of life on earth and we Architects can improve the lives of countless people.
4. Why did you choose Architecture as a career?
Originally, I chose it because it’s a very creative profession, plus the fact that you could have something that you’ve designed realized in real life. Architects always want to help people and when we do it’s an incredibly satisfying feeling. Well, I LOVE THAT FEELING When people appreciate your Time and Hard work. Just like music, there are many little niches within Architecture that an Architect could specialize in. Examples of these are:
· Interior design
· Site Executive
· 3d Visualizer
· The list can go on and on
That’s what I loved about Architecture Industry, there is plenty of work for everyone to thrive using whatever skills, Talent they may have.
5. What are the most important skills required as an expert Architectural Freelancer?
As a freelancer Architect/Interior Designer, you need to uphold certain skills in order to be successful.
· First, Be Professional. The way you approach clients establishes communication and carries out projects that should be done efficiently.
· Secondly, you need to be creative if you want your work to be memorable and well-received, you need to be constantly innovating.
· Thirdly, stay determined and persistent.
6. What are the challenges you have come across in your freelancing career?
I have faced one or two issues not more than that because Truelancer’s support team is always there to help me out in every situation or problem with any client.
· Firstly, every project has its own completion time but some clients want to get it done in a shorter period. Due to that, sometimes deadlines are crossed which affects our Delivery percentage but later, I resolved this issue by discussing all rules and deadlines with the client before awarding the project to me.
· Secondly, Filtering out bad or fake clients. The only way to overcome this challenge was by charging an advance amount to start the work. Although Truelancer’s deposit feature safeguarded me from fake clients.
7. What according to you does it take to be a successful Architectural Design freelancer?
The definition of success varies from person to person. For me, it is all about being happy with what I do. According to me, to be a successful Freelance Architect, you need to understand the client’s requirements and thought process about what actually they want to make their dream house into reality. Architecture is about serving others through the design of the built environment.
8. What suggestions do you want to give to budding Architectural Freelancers?
I have some tips for budding Freelance Architects,
· Communication is most important, Sending work updates to clients on alternative days.
· Always nurture your creative skills the right way. Ensure that you handle your projects with priority. Your clients will be happy to work with you again if you produce high-quality work based on their requirements!
· Another important thing is to maintain the quality of your work. If you’re unable to handle 5 projects together, then take 2 or 3 and make the best out of it. Your quality of work will speak for itself.
Start small to get big!
9. How did you get to know about freelancing and what is your experience using Truelancer?
I started my Freelancing journey with Truelancer. It has boosted my Freelancing career. This portal is safe and administration is active. Thanks to this platform, I have had the opportunity to work with 54 National and International clients so far. Overall, I loved my experience with Truelancer.
The journey of 1.5 years with this platform has been fascinating. Truelancer platform is very safe and especially Relationship managers are provided to each and every freelancer for always being there for us. Very supportive team. Thank you Truelancer!
If you’re looking for an Architect and Interior Designer for your next project, Hire Ar. Palvi.